08/18/2005: Been tagged for a blogmeme.
Thanks to Dr. Abby. I don't mind doing this, but I'm not going to tag anyone this time around; everyone I'd want to tag with this is too busy right now (if anyone reading "wants" to be tagged, just run with the meme and then drop me an email and I'll add a list of people who volunteered to be tagged with this one).
Where I was ten years ago
That would be August of 1995. I was living in St. Peters, MO (a far northwestern suburb of St. Louis, in St. Charles County, MO), working on my master's and managing the advanced MIS lab for my department (a task which involved some basic Novell NetWare administration).
Where I was five years ago
Living in St. Charles, MO. Living in an apartment complex with a pool, which allowed me to work on a tan of sorts while spending more time poolside than I've ever gotten to spend before or since.
Where I was one year ago
In Memphis. Renewing my lease, which expired this month. Not doing much of anything.
Where I was yesterday
In bed. At work. At home. In bed.
Where I am today
Same places I was yesterday.
Where I will be tomorrow
Same places I was yesterday and today. I lead a very boring life (these answers might have been a little more interesting, but for the unfortunate fact that I was tagged with this blogmeme in the middle of the week. Rarely (very rarely), I do venture outside my apartment on the weekends).
Five snacks I enjoy
- Peanuts (preferably salted in shell)
- Coffee ice cream
- Ritz™ Crackers
- Chips (tortilla, potato, Fritos™) with appropriate dip.
Five singers (or bands) for whom I know the lyrics to most of their songs
None, anymore. I don't listen to much vocal music, and of that vocal music I do listen to I don't listen so obssessively that I'd absorb the lyrics. Starting around the opening of Spring Training every year I get an urge to learn the lyrics to John Fogarty's "Centerfield", but I never seem to get around to it. Once upon a time (back in late high school and early college) I knew all the lyrics to just about everything Tom Lehrer wrote, but those have long since absconded from my memory.
Five things I would do with $100,000,000
- Pay off my debts
- Buy new cars for self, family, closest friends (or cash gifts to latter in lieu thereof)
- QUIT MY JOB!!!!! and not work (for pay). Ever. Again.
- Buy a home somewhere (other than Memphis) and move. Where depends on my mood. When I'm optimistic, I want to buy a place in St. Louis and move there. When I'm not optimistic (most of the time), I think of moving somewhere outside of the United States
Five locations I would like to run away to
- London (several other venues in Old Blighty are equally acceptable)
- The Philippines (I was stationed there when I was in the Navy, and I hope I can return for a long visit before I die)
- My own oceangoing yacht (just call me Commodore L. Ron Cleavelin, but without the goofy religion)
Five bad habits I have
- Natural slovenliness
Five things I like doing
- Watching baseball (preferably the St. Louis Cardinals, then the Memphis Redbirds, then just about any other games that might be available)
- Taking a nap
- Did I mention reading?
Five TV shows I like
I don't watch much TV at all, so this is quite difficult....
- Baseball games (as far as I'm concerned, that's a "TV show" for my purposes)
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Iron Chef
- Most Extreme Elimination Challenge
- Star Trek: The Original Series
Five famous people I’d like to meet
The Three Stooges, excepting Joe Besser (there are actually six Three Stooges, but Besser's my least favorite (even though he is a St. Louis native), so I have no problem excluding him).
My biggest joys
- My closest friends
My favorite toys
- My computers
- My Palm Tungsten C
- My digital camera
- My "Mighty Thor" action figure
- My "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D" action figure
- My "Elvis Presley, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." action figure (unfortunately, if you follow the link, the pictures have long since disappeared from the website they were hosted on, alas; I may have to take some pictures sometime)
- My "Dr. Evil" action figure (including Mr. Bigglesworth, of course)
Len on 08.18.05 @ 09:24 PM CST