03/13/2005: Weekly Trivia
Some Star Trek (original series) trivia tonight, I think....
1) Of course, hand phasers can be set to stun or to kill. Could the ship's phasers be set to stun?
2) Can you name a connection between Star Trek and Mission: Impossible? (There are at least two that I'm thinking of here.)
3) One episode of Star Trek was actually a pilot for a proposed spin-off which would have featured Robert Lansing, Barbara Babcock and Terri Garr playing the main roles. Can you name that episode, and the roles played by Mr. Lansing, Ms. Babcock, and Ms. Garr?
4) What phrase is Star Trek's analogue to the Sherlock Holmes canon's, "Elementary, my dear Watson" and Casablanca's, "Play it again, Sam"?
5) How did the character of Pavel Chekov come to be added to the cast of Star Trek (two factors are involved here)?
6) (BONUS TOS/Movie question) What is Mark Lenard's claim to fame (Hint: NOT the fact that he plays Sarek, Spock's father)?
Len on 03.13.05 @ 09:36 PM CST