07/04/2005: Tranlating Techno-Speak...
Answers to Techno-Speak:
1) Avian species of identical plumage congregate.
-- Birds of a feather flock together.
2) Freedom from incrustations of noxious substances is contiguous with conformity to divine prescription.
-- Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
3) Pulchritude posses solely cutaneous profundity.
-- Beauty is only skin deep.
4) A superannuated canine is immune to indoctrination in innovative maneuvers.
-- You canít teach an old dogs new tricks.
5) Ululate not over precipitated lactal secretion.
-- Donít cry over spilt milk.
6) All that coruscates with replendence will not assay auriferous.
-- All that glitters is not gold.
7) The existence of visible vapors from ignited carbonaceous materials confirms conflagration.
-- Whereís thereís smoke thereís fire
8) Mendicants are interdicted from elective recipiency.
-- Beggars canít be choosers.
9) Probity gratifies reflexively.
-- Virtue is itís own reward.
10) Male cadavers are unyielding of testimony.
Dead men tell no tales.
11) Inhabitants of vitreous edifices ill-advisedly catapult petrous projectiles.
-- People who live in glass houses shouldnít throw stones.
12) Ergonomia exclusive of diversion renders John a hebetudinous progeny.
-- All work and no play makes John a dull boy.
13) He who cachinnates ultimately, cachinnates optimally.
-- He who laughs last laughs best.
14) Abstention for speculatory undertaking precludes attainment.
-- Nothing ventured nothing gained
15) Missiles of ligneous an do non-metallic mineral consistency have the potential to fracture my osseous structure, but malicious appellations are eternally innocuous.
-- Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.
Hat tip to Clarence Petersen (Chicago Tribune)
A. Person possessed of above average growth indicators precipitately descend more severely.
-- The bigger they are the harder they fall.
B. Avian species attracted to the beginning of the diurnal period enjoy the ownership of invertebrate annelids.
-- The early bird catches the worm.
*And HAT's off to Len who got all the translations (sent in an e-mail) just for FUN. :-)
Karen on 07.04.05 @ 07:37 AM CST