07/02/2005: Techno-Speak Translation Quiz
Going through my files of FUN STUFF - Here is an old one, but still good:
Translate these GEMs:
1) Avian species of identical plumage congregate.
2) Freedom from incrustations of noxious substances is contiguous with conformity to divine prescription.
3) Pulchritude posses solely cutaneous profundity.
4) A superannuated canine is immune to indoctrination in innovative maneuvers.
5) Ululate not over precipitated lactal secretion.
6) All that coruscates with replendence will not assay auriferous.
7) The existence of visible vapors from ignited carbonaceous materials confirms conflagration.
8) Mendicants are interdicted from elective recipiency.
9) Probity gratifies reflexively.
10) Male cadavers are unyielding of testimony.
11) In habitants of vitreous edifices ill-advisedly catapult petrous projectiles.
12) Ergonomia exclusive of diversion renders John a hebetudinous progeny.
13) He who cachinnates ultimately, cachinnates optimally.
14) Abstention from speculatory undertaking precludes attainment.
15) Missiles of ligneous an do non-metallic mineral consistency have the potential to fracture my osseous structure, but malicious appellations are eternally innocuous.
Hat tip to Clarence Petersen (Chicago Tribune) [from way back when...]
A. Person possessed of above average growth indicators precipitately descend more severely.
B. Avian species attracted to the beginning of the diurnal period enjoy the ownership of invertebrate annelids.
Karen on 07.02.05 @ 12:48 PM CST