05/03/2005: Real "Finger Food" Stories...
Out of Wilmington, N.C., comes this Real Missing Finger story: Customer finds employee's finger in frozen custard.
”A man who ordered a pint of frozen chocolate custard in a dessert shop got a nasty surprise inside — a piece of severed finger.
The owner of Kohl's Frozen Custard confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine.
Stowers told a TV station: "I thought it was candy because they put candy in your ice cream ... to make it a treat. So I said, 'OK, well, I'll just put it in my mouth and get the ice cream off of it and see what it is.'"
Stowers said he spit the object out, but still couldn't identify it. So he went to his kitchen, rinsed it off with water — and "just started screaming."
Karen on 05.03.05 @ 07:04 AM CST