05/01/2005: Karen's CHICAGO Trivia Q's:
As a complement to Len's St Louis Trivia Q's -- here is a Trivia Q about some (but by no means all) of Chicago's History:
1) What were the original two names of Chicago’s Midway Airport?
2) What year was this airport rebuilt and what years was it later renamed?
3) Bonus Q: What year did O’Hare open?
4) What was the name of the necropolis which was moved from the North Avenue Beach area starting in approx. 1856 –1858.
5) Why did this necropolis “move” even occur? Who was responsible for it?
6) What do the letters for the Station “WGN” stand for and what year did they begin broadcasting?
7) On Lake Calumet was some four thousand acres of land that became known as what area of Chicago and was later (1889) annexed into Hyde Park? (Approximately between 11115th Street and 11111th Street)
8) This area was believed to be patterned after which existing experimental European City?
a) Saltaire, France.
b) Guise, France.
c) Essen, Germany
9) What was Chicago’s first newspaper? Who founded this paper and in what year?
10) Who were the three main founders (out of nine original financial supporters) of Northwestern University?
11) What year was Northwestern’s first class held?
12) What was the most popular exhibit NEXT to (but not a part of) the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893?
13) What was the most popular exhibit on this Exposition’s Midway Plaisance?
14) What was the “hit song” of the 1893 Exposition?
15) What was the only structure to survived the Great Chicago Fire of October 9th, 1871?
Karen on 05.01.05 @ 07:35 AM CST