04/07/2005: Gem o'the Day, Political Humor Division
Top 10 Bushims[sic] Overheard at the Pope's Funeral
10. I hope the next Pope will reconsider this business of making all the Catholics take communism.
9. Damn, that's a big hat. Hey, Karl. Shouldn't the President have a big hat like that?
8. Hey, got any cheese to go with the wine and crackers?
7. What's that guy saying? I didn't know Catholics spoke in tongues too, did you?
6. Why do the Cardinals get to pick the new Pope? The Red Sox won the pennant. Seems like they ought to have first dibs.
5. No, me and Bill did not inhale on the plane ride over.
4. The Vatican is a sovereign nation? No kidding. Hey, Condi. Shouldn't we invite them to join NATO?
3. Hey, Scotty. Do you think we'll finally find out whether or not the Pope is Catholic? People keep asking me that and damned if I know.
2. Don't forget Poland.
And the Number 1 Bushism Overheard at the Pope's Funeral:
1. Today is a solemn day for folks of all religious faiths, whether they are Jews, Muslims, Christians, or Catholics, to honor the memories of the Pope.
Len on 04.07.05 @ 01:36 PM CST