01/10/2006: Silly sites....
I'm not going to provide competition with Elayne Riggs (I don't collect enough silly site references to make a daily feature out of it). But on the other hand, these are too good not to share.
- The Song Tapper. Someone with way too much time on her/his hands developed a Flash application that lets you tap out the rhythm of any song on your keyboard's spacebar, and it will search its extensive database and tell you what the song is.
Let's say you have a song stuck in your head, and you don't know the name of it. Never fear! Load up our search screen, and try tapping the rhythm of the song on your space bar while humming the tune. Tap the space bar for each syllable that you sing. It's that simple! [from the mail search page]In case that explanation isn't clear, they do link to a Windows Media File of somone entering the rhythm of "Jingle Bells" to show you how it's done.
Frankly, I'm a little less than impressed myself; I've not done extensive testing, but I did experiment with several songs (none obscure--things like "Hey, Jude" for instance), and the application did identify the song, sorta. Basically, it returned lists of about 15-20 songs that could be the song I was trying to identify, though each list did contain the song I was tapping out.
- Chuck Norris Facts Everything important (and quite a bit unimportant) you wanted to know about Everyone's Favorite Student of Bruce Lee. Sample:
- Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."
- Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
- The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in second grade.
- Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris
Len on 01.10.06 @ 02:24 PM CST