01/05/2006: Lost in Space...
Babbling Brook's mind is wandering (someone take this man's drugs away!) and appears to be lost in that vast space of fantasy land - AGAIN:
Saving The House has GEMs like:
* I don't know what's more pathetic, Jack Abramoff's sleaze or Republican paralysis in the face of it. *
* If Republicans want to emerge from this affair with their self-respect or electoral prospects intact, they need to get in front of it with a comprehensive reform offensive. *
* Tom DeLay needs to take care of his own legal problems and give up the dream of returning as majority leader. *
* They need to put the entire leadership team up for a re-vote. *
* [T]he Republicans need to get a grip on earmarks. ...To prove they're serious about special-interest spending. *
* Third, Republicans need to steal David Obey and Barney Frank's lobbying-reform ideas. ... Republicans have a chance to hijack them before the country notices. *
* [T]here should be a ban on lobbyist-paid travel. ... Former members should not be allowed to lobby on the House floor. All lobbyist contacts with government officials should be posted on the Internet. *
* [E]nforce House rules. *
* [R]build the ethics committees. *
* [R]eadopt the pay-as-you-go budget rules *
* For God's sake, Republicans, show a little moral revulsion. *
Let's see: Tackling Ethics, House Rules, Moral Revulsion, and getting Serious about Special Interest Spending? Phuleease!! From these moral degenerates? Who are you kidding!
Readopt the pay-as-you-go budget rules? Those were Clintonian rules - ya can't *readopt* what ya NEVER did in the first place.
But my all time fav is this one: "...steal David Obey and Barney Frank's lobbying-reform ideas. ... Republicans have a chance to hijack them before the country notices." This is about the only one any of these GOPhuckers IS any Good at. And We HAVE Noticed!!
"Back in the dim recesses of my mind, I remember a party that thought of itself as a reform, or even a revolutionary movement. That party used to be known as the Republican Party. I wonder if it still exists." -- Dim recesses of your mind is about ALL you've got left David Brooks. Dream-On in that lost in space fantasy land.
Karen on 01.05.06 @ 07:56 AM CST