09/16/2005: Happy Birthday, B.B. King!!!!
How could I have missed this?
Today is 80th birthday of blues legend B.B. King.
In honor or which, a mini-B.B. trivia quiz:
- What was B.B.'s birth name?
- When did B.B. first arrive in Memphis, and what brought him here?
- True or False: B.B. began his career in Memphis as a radio personality.
- What do the initials "B.B." stand for, and how did he come by that name?
- True or False: Sam Phillips produced some of B.B.'s earliest records at Sun Studios.
- True or False (2 parter):
Part 1: In 1982, B.B. released an album of country songs.
Part 2: Hell yes; it was one of his biggest hits.
- How did B.B.'s guitar come to receive the name, "Lucille"?
Len on 09.16.05 @ 02:39 PM CST