02/28/2005: Sunday Trivia Answer
1) Ivy Baker Priest was Treasurer of the United States from 1953-1961, and then served as Treasurer of the State of California from 1966-1974. What is her connection with the classic TV sitcom, The Munsters?
Her daughter, Pat Priest, played Marilyn Munster, the "unusual looking" member of the family in The Munsters for most of the series's run.
2) If you take the ratio of box office gross to cost of production as your measure, what is the most successful film of all time?
3) The 1966 proto-garage-rock hit "96 Tears", by ? and the Mysterians, was originally written with what working title? What suggestive title did the song then pick up before finally acquiring the title under which ? and the Mysterians rode it to the top o'the pops?
Originally, it was titled "Too Many Teardrops", which then changed to "69 Tears". That was deemed too suggestive, so the numerals were reversed to form the release title, "96 Tears".
4) What is the connection, if any, between the movie Caddyshack and the TV series Flipper?
The vocalizations of the gopher which is Carl Spackler's (Bill Murray) nemesis in Caddyshack are the vocalizations of a dolphin; the actual sound effects used are the same ones used in the series Flipper.
5) Who was the Mike Nelson who didn't have a bunch of robots as friends, and who played him?
The skin diving lead character of the TV series Sea Hunt, played by Lloyd Bridges from 1958-61.
Len on 02.28.05 @ 09:16 PM CST