03/07/2005: Weekly Trivia
We're late this week, since I was out of town over the weekend and got back late enough Sunday that I wasn't up to the task. Some comic book trivia this week....
1) This character got his start in National Comics #5 (cover date: November, 1940), published by Quality Comics, and in this incarnation shared a name with a much more recent character appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Both the Quality/DC and Marvel characters share the same super power (they are super-speedsters). DC Comics acquired the rights to Quality's characters in 1956, and in the early 1990's DC revived this character under a different name and made him a supporting character to DC's own super-speedster character, The Flash (i.e., the Wally West iteration). Who is this "zen master of speed" (both names)?
2) What is Superman's birth name, and the names of his birth parents?
3) Stan Lee and Jack Kirby brought Norse mythology into the modern world when they introduced their hero, The Mighty Thor, into the Marvel Universe. In what comic book (title and issue number, with a cover date of August, 1962) was Thor introduced, and who/what was the first enemy he faced?
4) What do the following individuals have in common: Arthur Curry (aka Orin), James Norcross, T'challa, Prince Namor, Victor Von Doom, and Ronald Reagan?
5) Who were the Original Teen Titans (the three charter members, and the two members added shortly after the team was founded)? And who are they now (i.e., under what identities are they now fighting crime, if they are)?
Len on 03.07.05 @ 09:37 PM CST