No theme this week. Just some random factoids....
1) Only one person has ever declined the Nobel Peace Prize. Who?
2) Bill Gottlieb of New York found an interesting, if puzzling, way to propose to his girlfriend in 1997. How?
3) Scottish nobleman and part-time mathematician John Napier came up with an exponential improvement in calculation methods, and an important point as well. What are they?
4) On March 30, 1999, the male model/actor Fabio was taking the inaugural ride on the "Apollo's Chariot" roller coaster at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Virginia, when something very unusual happened. What was that?
5) In 1997, the county council of Kleberg County, Texas, passed a resolution against the use of the greeting "hello". Why, and what did they adopt as a replacement?
Len on 01.30.05 @ 09:05 PM CST