01/17/2005: From today's Ironic Times....
Gee, I wonder who they're skewering with this one:
What to Do If You Find Yourself in a Pit of Quicksand
1. Remain calm. Panic doesn't help.
2. Assess the situation.
3. Whatever the result of the assessment, DO NOT leave the quicksand. This is the same as admitting you made a mistake.
4. Stay the course. Your friends and enemies will gain respect for you if you persevere.
5. Ask others to join you in the quicksand.
6. If nobody joins you, never mind: continue in the same direction, deeper into the pit.
7. Talk about something else. Maybe nobody will notice you're sinking.
Len on 01.17.05 @ 08:46 AM CST